Cicely Mary Barker’s beloved Flower Fairies™, first published in 1923, are an enduring vision of elegance and beauty. Her exquisitely delicate and intricate colour illustrations have captivated both children and adults alike for more than 85 years.
Now, for the first time, five of her beautiful fairies are introduced, not only to ribbon embroidery and stumpwork fans, but also to needlecrafters who enjoy creative, three-dimensional embroidery.
Designed to appeal to both the beginner and the advanced embroiderer, this book will be an indispensable and practical guide for anyone wanting to create these much-loved works of art.
Accompanied by easy-to-follow, close-up photography and step-by-step instructions, you will learn how to:
- embroider the exquisite flowers and leaves in silk and organza ribbon
- make the delicate stumpwork wings in organza and silky threads
- use organza and silk ribbon to make appliqué leaves and petals
- make charming stumpwork insects
- dress the Fairies in layers of organza
- embroider the Fairy’s hair.
- embroider the Fairy’s clothing in Long and Short stitch – the easy way.
- make three-dimensional designs using colour, texture and shapes
Note: You could also use the ideas in this book for other needlecraft projects: choose elements from the Fairies to use in your own creation.
The five Flower Fairies™ taught in this book are the:
- PERIWINKLE FAIRY,
- BLACK MEDICK FAIRIES,
- WHITE CLOVER FAIRY,
- STORK’S BILL FAIRY and the
- RED CLOVER FAIRY
|[singlepic id=484 w=320 h=240 float=]||[singlepic id=483 w=320 h=240 float=]||[singlepic id=487 w=320 h=240 float=]|
|[singlepic id=486 w=320 h=240 float=]||[singlepic id=485 w=320 h=240 float=]|
With numerous new ideas and techniques, this book is a perfect companion for Fairy lovers, ribbon embroiderers and stumpwork fans!
The kits, printed panels, stumpwork shapes etc. are to be found below.The book is on page 3.
Enjoy the Fairies ♥
PS. For a small preview of only some of the pages in this book, have a look at this flip book below….page through the book by clicking on the top or bottom corners….please be patient while the book loads 🙂