Handbag – Roses on felted wool and silk – page 69
A Beautiful new kit for the new book: The Art of Felting and Silk Ribbon Embroidery
The background is handmade from African wool and mohair and rich silk fibres have been added for lustrous effects.
Learn all the secrets of how to make a successful masterpiece using silk ribbon embroidery and stumpwork techniques.
Click on image to enlarge
An ideal kit for those who would love to create a three-dimensional nature scene with silk ribbon, thread, wool and other interesting fibres. Your handbag is sure to be a unique accessory for a special occasion!
This kit will teach you how to create life-like roses and stems, how to make beautiful leaves and sepals and a host of other tips and tricks — ideal for all those rose-lovers out there.
Size of the completed bag: 26 x 38 cm (10.23 x 15 inches) with long leather swing handles which you can adjust to suit your style.
Click on the image to enlarge
*** Do you have the book? You will need to follow the instructions on page 69 of the felting book. Read more about it here.
Please note: the felt is made by Dana Biddle and her team and they live very far away from our studio. So if we run out of the felt and they have to make it for you, it may take 3 or 4 weeks for your kit to be packaged and sent to you via our very reliable international courier.
The sizeable kit contains:
1) Handmade (each piece is unique) felted background in rich shades of elegant green: 47 x 35 cm (18.5 x 13.77 inches) *** If you would like to order this kit without the felt (and make your own) please email us firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
2) Backing fabric (in a complementary colour) which will be the supporting fabric 47 x 47 cm (18.5 x 18.5 inches)
3) Round button covered with matching felt
4) Piece of leather to make the loop for the button
5) Suede leather swing handles x 2
6) A piece of green felt 57 x 45 cm (22.44 x 17.72 inches) to form the outer (second) layer of the bag *** If you would like to order this kit without the felt (and make your own) please email us email@example.com. Thank you!
7) Metallic clip to close the bag
8) Fabric for the inside lining of the bag and the pockets
9) 6 x skeins of thread
10) 5 x coloured bamboo and woolly yarn
11) Card of gold metallic thread
12) Woolly fibre to form the shadows
13) Bugle beads
14) Blue and green quartz seed beads
15) 10 packets of Di van Niekerk’s hand-painted pure silk ribbons as follows:
2 x 7mm silk ribbon, 4 x 32mm silk ribbon, 4 x 13mm silk ribbon
16) Five different kinds of needles
17) Colour pictures of the completed bag to guide you as you work.
Click on image to enlarge
PS. This kit would also make a lovely gift for someone special in your life ~ ♥ ~
*** If you would like to make your own felted background and only need the other requirements in this kit, you are welcome to order this kit (without the felt) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention that you would like to order Handbag – Roses on felted wool and silk from the felting book.