Sorry, this kit is out of stock.
A Beautiful new kit in the best-selling Box Full of Lessons series:
Silk Ribbon Flowers on hand-felted backgrounds
A ROSE SAMPLER
Learn how to make gorgeous three-dimensional roses on a rich and textured hand-felted background.
The background is handmade from African wool and mohair and rich silk fibres have been added for lustrous effects.
Learn all the secrets of how to make a successful masterpiece using silk ribbon embroidery and stumpwork techniques.
Click on image to enlarge
An ideal kit for those who would love to create a three-dimensional nature scene with silk ribbon, thread, wool and other interesting fibres. A piece which is sure to become a treasured family heirloom! Turn it into a cushion, use it as a cover for an album or memory box… or frame it to use as an interesting piece of art on your wall.
This kit will teach you how to create life-like roses and stems, how to make beautiful leaves and sepals and a host of other tips and tricks — ideal for all those rose-lovers out there!
Size of completed design is approximate:
27 x 20 cm (10.6 x 8 inches)
Included in the kit is the lesson which I have written step-by-step with clear and detailed photographs to guide you all along the way.
The lesson (Box Full of Lessons 12) is supplied on a CD for you to read on your computer or iPad or you could print the lesson in full colour to make a book.
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner to advanced – everyone welcome
The sizeable kit includes the “Felted Rose sampler” pattern in full colour.
1) Handmade (each piece is unique) felted background in rich shades of beautiful blue, approximately: 27 x 20 cm (10.6 x 8 inches)
2) White or blue organza fabric which will be the supporting fabric 47 x 47 cm (18.5 x 18.5 inches)
3) 4 skeins of Rajmahal Art. Silk and Maxi Mouline cotton thread
4) 3 x coloured bamboo, silk mohair and bouclé yarn
5) 2 cards of the metallic thread: silver and gold
6) Woolly fibre to form the shadows
7) Glass Bugle beads
8) 11 packets of Di van Niekerk’s hand-painted pure silk ribbons as follows: 1 x 7mm silk ribbon, 5 x 32mm silk ribbon, 5 x 13mm silk ribbon
9) 5 different packs of needles
10) Step-by-step CD which contains Box Full of Lessons no. 12
11) Colour pictures of the completed piece to guide you as you work