[singlepic id=836 w=320 h=240 float=]
Click on the image to enlarge
French knots are ideal filling stitches for background trees and other detail. Also useful for the centre of flowers.
- For finer detail, use one strand of thread (separate one strand from the six)
- For a heavier texture: use 2 or 4mm silk ribbon or perlé thread.
- Come up from the back and wrap the thread or ribbon two or three times around the needle.
- Insert the needle back into the fabric, close to where the thread emerged.
- Pull the thread to the back to form the knot.
Stitch diagram is © Metz Press and Di van Niekerk.